Position Description: Sales & Marketing Manager
The Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative (PSFHC) is a farmer owned cooperative operating in the Puget Sound region. The PSFHC combines marketing, aggregation, and distribution for member farms and ranches. The goal is to develop relationships between local farms and businesses/institutions with a vision of creating healthier communities while expanding economic opportunities for local Northwest Washington farms. PSFHC’s purpose is to increase the production, distribution, and consumption of regionally produced food.
The Sales & Marketing Manager has two roles: 1) to oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional activities for the PSFHC and 2) assist in creating market opportunities for PSFHC farmer members. The Manager will establish marketing strategies to meet PSFHC organizational objectives. The Manager is responsible for creating a marketing/communications plan for PSFHC and will work with the Board of Directors and General Manager to implement the strategies of the plan. The Manager will continually evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to implement plan changes as needed.
The Manager will implement a sales plan to increase sales to existing customers and market to new customers to expand the existing customer base. This person will be responsible for promoting the Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative and increase awareness of PSFH farmer products. This position will be responsible for all aspects of food hub sales and direct supervision of Account Managers.
This Manager will also work with farmer members individually or in groups to assist in identifying and making efficient decisions that will lead to successful marketing results. The Manager will develop and maintain relationships with wholesale distributors, restaurants, and retailers. This is an outcome based position; the Manager is expected to provide opportunities for farmer members that will generate successful results.
PSFHC serves customers in King, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties. This full-time position requires extensive work throughout the market service area with flexible working location and hours. The offices of PSFHC are in Mount Vernon, Washington. The PSFH Sales & Marketing Manager reports to the General Manager and functions as the chair of the Marketing Committee.
Scope of work:
Marketing and Sales
•Prepare and execute on the Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative Marketing & Communications Plan to createawareness of the PSFHC
•Develop a sales plan and work with Account Managers to increase sales to institutions, grocery stores,restaurants and wholesale customers
•Foster and facilitate relationships between farmer members and buyers
•Provide marketing and branding support to PSFHC farmer members
•Develop strong relationships with retail, foodservice and wholesale businesses
• Manage advertising, media coverage, fundraising events and marketing materials
• Represent and promote PSFH at industry conferences and trade shows
• Responsible for contact lists, content management and preparing electronic and direct mail communication
including Fresh Sheets, Newsletters and Blogs
• Prepare content for the publication of marketing materials and oversee distribution
• Post, track and monitor social media accounts
• Maintain a high level of integrity as a representative of PSFHC
• Collaborate with the PSFHC team for planning, implementing and evaluating marketing/sales strategies
• Other duties as assigned
• Degree in business/marketing or equivalent
• Four or more years’ experience in “brand” marketing in the food industry
• Strong analytical, written and verbal reasoning skills
• Proven negotiation and relationship-building skills
• Sales experience with grocery chains, institutions and large-scale wholesale customers
• Minimum five years’ experience with distributor sales and familiarity with individual distributors in Washington
• Excellent computer skills and ability to pick up on new systems and software
• Self-directed with good organization skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of Washington food and farming industry and food distribution channels
• Ability to work well independently and as a team member
Salary range is depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits and travel reimbursement will be provided in
addition to the base salary.
Submit a resume, letter of application, and a list of references to:
Terri Hanson, General Manager
Puget Sound Food Hub Cooperative
PO Box 2924
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
PUGET SOUND FOOD HUB COOPERATIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER OF SERVICES
March 31, 2017