What does this program do?
Attend this workshop to learn about this valuable program that provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
Who may apply?
• Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations
• Small businesses in eligible rural areas (business in an area other than a city or town with a population greater than 50,000 inhabitants
These funds can be used for biomass, hydropower, solar or wind generation (large or small), high efficiency HVAC, insulation, lighting, refrigeration, doors and windows, energy for water systems, or existing equipment replacement with energy-efficient equipment.
The workshop will feature presentations made by:
• USDA Rural Development
• Northwest Agriculture Business Center
• Spark Northwest
• Sustainable Connections
• Renewable energy system installers
• Electric utility representatives
For more information, please contact USDA Rural Business and Cooperative Programs Specialist Brandon Hoffman by phone at 360.488.4841 or email at Brandon.Hoffman@wa.usda.gov