National Association of Cider Makers: NACM Certification
Introduction: One of the world's leading experts in cider production, Mitchell F&D Limited, in association with the Northwest Agriculture Business Center offers this class as follows:
Course Options: Students may take either the full course (Parts 1 & 2). OR just Part 1 only. Students may also apply for the National Association of Cider Makers (NACM) certification for an additional fee. For details please see below.
- Part 1: "An Understanding of Cider & Perry" $395.00
- Part 1 w/NACM Certification $540.00
- Part 1 & Part 2: "Practical production of Cider & Perry $999.00
- Part 1 & Part 2 with NACM Certificate - $1144.00
Optional Orchard Management class December 7, 2013.
Included with full course or $85 additional for part 1 registrations.
Part 1: An Understanding of Cider & Perry
Including extensive sensory analysis of cider & perry, this section aims to enable the participant to:
- Develop a broad appreciation of the main types & styles of cider and perry, along with an understanding of the cider industry;
- Gain an outline knowledge & understanding of the main principles & practices involved in making cider & perry;
- Explore ways in which to encourage the positive & responsible development of the industry & its products.
** This part of the class is also designed for individuals who wish to gain a recognized industry qualification – The NACM Certification in Cider & Perry Appreciation. This is the only formal cider industry specific qualification available in the world. For those who would like to enter for this optional certificate, an additional registration fee is payable. This fee is indicated on the course registration form. Delegates will sit through a short examination and submit an organoleptic evaluation portfolio (undertaken during the class) for subsequent assessment and feedback.
Part 1 is also separately available for those who want to gain a thorough understanding of cider & perry, but who may not wish to be directly involved in practical production. See payment link at bottom of page.
Part 2: Practical Production of Cider & Perry
Including hands-on practical production and laboratory work, this part aims to provide:
- A thorough grounding in the main methods and processes of cider and perry production;
- A wealth of knowledge, insight and technical know-how, drawn from many years of practical experience;
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for the production of quality cider and perry
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for beginners, new businesses and existing producers (large & small-scale) alike.
Peter Mitchell-a highly qualified and internationally recognized expert in cider and perry making and tasting, leads the class. With over 25 years of practical experience, he is a professional trainer, a UK and USA cider competition judge and an award-winning producer in his own right.
Cider Academy website
Class fees include light lunches & refreshments. An additional registration fee of $145.00 is payable for those wishing to enter for the NACM Certification in Cider & Perry Appreciation. This additional fee includes a complimentary copy of the official textbook: Out of the Orchard – Into the Glass.
Registration for the optional Orchard Management workshop on Saturday December 7, 2013, will be included with full week registration and $85 for part 1 registrations.
, or call 360-336-3727. Registrants will be sent directions and schedule prior to the class.
To mail check, please print and include a copy of your registration confirmation with payment to:
NABC, P.O. Box 2924 Mount Vernon, WA 98273
This program funded in part by the Washington State Department of Agriculture Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.