Harvest shares from LOCAL farms through Community Supported Agriculture Subscription (CSAs) & workplace delivery
What is a "CSA"?
Consumers directly support local farms by pre-paying for shares of the seasonal harvest, giving farmers “seed money” to plan production around demand, and providing consumers with fresh-from-the-farm produce bursting with nutrients and flavor. Our program is defined as a “2nd-party CSA” because instead of providing produce from just one farm we box fresh fruits and vegetables from several LOCAL growers, giving our subscribers access to greater variety.
- Fruit and produce program sourcing fresh food from multiple local farms, maximizing diversity in each nox
- Buying Local supports family farms and our local economy
- All farms are certified as organic in accordance with USDA National Organic Standards, or follow organic farming practices.
- All Washington-grown product - 90% sourced from Snohomish & Skagit County growers!
- Convenient pick-up location on the Snohomish County Administration Campus - additional sites by arrangement through the NABC office
- New recipes and farm information uploaded each week to our website
- Locally grown reduces carbon footprint by cutting transport miles from farm to plate
- Acrue Wellness Action Task "iLearn" credits as part of Snohomish County's "Partners for Health" program
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST - CSA SUBSCRIPTION SALES HAVE ENDED FOR THIS YEAR
A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmers is delivered to the pickup location weekly for 16 weeks by one of our growers, Klesick Family Farm. The 7"H x 14"L x 16" W box contains enough fruit and veg for 3-4 people per week, or 2-3 people that incorporate a lot of produce in their diets. Look forward to a weekly box packed full of orgnaically grown “garden box” favorites such as berries in season and slicing or salad veggies, with accompanying recipes and occasional surprises.
What’s in a box? Produce volume and variety varies throughout the season, depending on ripening dates and time of year. Contents of Three-Quarter Share boxes will vary from Full Share (some items just don’t split well). Here are two examples of typical Full Share boxes:
(From July): 1 lb Rainier Cherries, 1 pkg blueberries, 3 peaches, 2 leeks, 1 bunch carrots, 1 bunch spinach, 1 lb. Sugar Snap Peas, 1 head of lettuce, ½ lb. either bell peppers, tomatoes or cucumbers.
(From September): 2 Chehalis Apples, 1.25 lb. Flavor Grenade Pluots, ¾ lb. Italian Prunes, 1 pkg. raspberries or blackberries, 1 bunch carrots, 1 celeriac root, 1 bunch Green Kale, 1.5 lb. Fingerling Potatoes, 1 lb. zucchini, 2 cucumbers, 1 bunch fennel.
SHARE OPTIONS: Choose between a Full Share ($450 for 16 weeks) if you have several people in your household or eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and a 3/4 Share ($350 for 16 weeks) for smaller households or less frequent produce consumption.
HOME DELIVERY: Just can't make it to the drop site? We now offer a home delivery option in select areas for that same fresh, all-local produce box at $500 for 16 weeks - Full Share, or $400 - 3/4 Share. Please call 360-336-3727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability and delivery days for your area.
PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE: Pay the full amount at joining OR pay 1/2 now, half at the 8-week season midpoint.
- Join any time up until August 1st (fees are prorated); the cutoff to start receiving deliveries the following week is Thursday 9am (5 to 7 days before your first delivery, depending on location). Subscriptions received after Thursdays at 9am will begin one week further out (in 12 to 14 days).
- Too much produce? Consider sharing! List partners on your account who can pickup on your behalf.
- Boxes not picked up by noon on the day following delivery (Friday) will be donated to the Volunteers of America Everett Food Bank.
- Anyone is welcome to donate one or more CSA boxes to the Food Bank through the link on the right-side menu - produce will be delivered directly to the Food Bank. Tax-Deductible Donation receipts available.
- For more information, please contact the NABC office: 360-336-3727 or email@example.com
Produce Pickup Information
- DAY: Thursdays week of July 6th thru week of October 19th (Home Delivery days vary by address)
- TIME: 10am to 6pm
- LOCATION: Snohomish County Campus Parking Garage A Level off Oakes Ave (additional sites by arrangement - please contact our office)
- BRING: Your photo ID